Regardless of the kind of home or business you own, how old it is and what kind of floors are in place, trip hazards can occur on your property. While you may not be able to prevent these issues from arising, there are ways to get rid of them with expert help. Some of the reasons trip hazards occur include:
- Poor flooring installation work, leading to a drop in the flooring level between rooms
- Concrete settling that leads to uneven floors
- Tree root growth can upsets the floor surface
- Aging of the home leading to an uneven slope inside the home
- Lack of doorjamb installation between rooms
- Old flooring surface that has broken apart or become loose
Getting rid of tripping hazards is a vital task, whether you have a residential or commercial property. Keeping your visitors or family members safe while on your property is vital to make sure that you are not only a good host, but also a responsible property owner. Amateur trip hazard removal can make the existing problem even worse, so you need the help of a professional company to ensure that the problem is addressed properly.
Flooring Removal Services can perform complete trip hazard removal and leave your property safe and clean. With decades of experience, our crews are prepared to handle any issue quickly and affordably.
What is Considered a Trip Hazard?
Tripping hazard is simply another way of referring to any part of your flooring that may be likely to cause visitors to trip and fall. In many cases, trip hazards spring up in properties that are older and starting to settle. As the home ages, the cement foundations on which it is laid can start to sink, leading to the creation of tripping hazards where the floor is no longer level. In other cases, the presence of a tree root or another naturally growing obstruction causes a change in the way the home’s flooring sits. Either way, the presence of a tripping hazard should be addressed as fast as possible to avoid any issues.
Commercial Trip Hazards Can Lead to Liability
As a business owner, keeping your customers safe is not only important to help keep traffic coming in, it also falls under your legal responsibilities as someone who operates a commercial space. If someone trips and falls on your premises, and hurts themselves, several things can happen, including:
- Opens you up to the possibility of legal action being taken against you for medical costs and related expenses if someone falls. Even if you are found to hold no liability, addressing the claim in court costs you lawyers fees and time. If the injured party has an unscrupulous personal injury attorney on their side, they can drag the process out over a long period of time.
- Can cause your insurance company to refuse coverage due to you not addressing this issue sooner. Under many insurance policies, it is your responsibly as the business owner to address any hazards as soon as you become aware of them.
- Damages your reputation in the community, especially in the age of social media where one bad customer experience can spread quickly and discourage others from coming in.
- Takes your focus away from your business. Most business owners want to spend more time doing what they enjoy instead of dealing with lawsuits and insurance claims.
How We Perform Trip Hazard Removal
Our work begins with protecting your property by laying down plastic sheets to trap any dust created. Next, we use we use concrete scarifiers, angle hand grinders and planetary grinders to remove the high parts of the floor and create a level surface. The tools have tungsten carbide blades attached to ensure that they can get through any surface to smooth away the parts of the floor that need to go in order to make it even.
Once our work is done, we complete the process by cleaning up the work area before we leave. Our debris removal trucks take away any waste for responsible disposal and our crews eliminate any dust before they leave.
We use an eco friendly, chemical free process in all of our removal work. Not only does it help protect the environment, it also helps to protect the health of your family or staff by stopping allergens like dust from getting into the air they breathe. We use high powered vacuums and air scrubbers to ensure that dust created during the process leaves at the same time we do. By eliminating this dust before your family or staff can breathe it in, we minimize the chance of irritation or increased respiratory problems.
Why Hire Flooring Removal Services?
Flooring Removal Services Inc. is qualified to perform trip hazard removal in your home or business. With years of experience eliminating tripping hazards from your floors, we can assist in making your property safer with little to no disruption to your everyday life.
Unlike amateur removal companies, our crews have a complete set of flooring removal equipment to help them address any issues that cause trip hazards in the home or business, including:
- Protective gear to prevent injury while on your property
- Specialized, state of the art flooring removal machinery
- A fleet of debris removal trucks
- Floor grinders
- Powerful pulse vaccuums
- Air scrubbers
We can get rid of any trip hazards inside or outside your property anywhere in south Florida, including Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Martin, St Lucie and Indian River Counties. Contact us to get a free, onsite estimate today!